- Plug in the USB device into a Fedora 11 machine, format it using the gparted or anything else using gparted you have to become root ie ,>>$su >>password: After entering the password type >># gparted
- Unmount the USB device to format it. Then format that using the FAT32 file system.Also make the boot flag marked by right clicking and taking "manage flags" in gparted.
- Now make sure that the USB is not mounted.Type the command
>>#livecd-iso-to-disk /[pathto the iso image]/ /dev/sdb1
- After the bootup disk creation mount the USB device and create a directory images in it >>#mkdir /media/USB >>#mount /dev/sdb1 /media/USB/
>># mkdir /media/USB/images >>#mkdir /mnt/iso >> mount -o loop /[path to the iso images] /mnt/iso >># cp -rfv /mnt/iso/images/install.img /media/images/
- At last copy the iso file to the USB root ie, >>#cp -rfv /[path to iso file] /media/USB/
- Reboot the system and make the boot order to boot from USB disk